Here at Academia, our staff process all the visa needs of the students. Just submit the necessary documents to our staff and enjoy.

The Philippine Government, through the Bureau of Immigration (BI) requires all foreign tourists who wish to enroll in a non-degree course for less than one (1) year (which include short English courses) to secure a Special Study Permit (SSP) upon arrival in the Philippines.

The Special Study Permit (SSP) is issued by the Philippine Bureau of Immigration for foreigners who wish to take any short-term study in the country. This permit is only issued in the Philippines. Qualified foreigners who plan to enroll in non-degree courses, including English, that last for less than one (1) year may first apply for tourist visas at the Philippine Embassy but should get the SSP upon arrival in the Philippines. 

  1. Letter of request prepared by the applicant enrollee.
  2. Affidavit of support prepared by the applicant enrollee or by parent/guarantor duly notarized by an attorney together with a bank certification (with English translation) in dollars and a minimum deposit of $800 (approximate).
    • Parent or guarantor stating financial support for the applicant enrollee (for applicant below 18 years old)
    • Self-support stating the applicant enrollee’s financial capacity to shoulder related expenses (for applicants 18 years old and above)
  3. Photocopy of passport reflecting the applicant’s valid stay
  4. Birth Certificate
  5. Certificate of Acceptance from the school. Note: The school must be authorized by BI to accept foreign students. A list of BI-authorized schools may be secured from the Philippine Embassy in your country.
  6. Any other document as may be required
  7. SSP Fee – P3,730 or $68 (approximate)

Foreign nationals who wish to secure special study permits can go to the Bureau of Immigration Main Office or any of their branch offices around the country.

  1. Secure the CGAF from either at the Public Information and Assistance Unit (PIAU) at BI G/F Main Office or from the official BI Website.
  2. Submit the documents for pre-screening to the Central Receiving Unit (CRU) or to the frontline officer or staff of other Immigration Offices able to process this transaction.
  3. Get the Order of Payment Slip (OPS).
  4. Pay the required fees.
  5. Submit copy of Official Receipt.
  6. Please refer to the Official Receipt for the schedule and venue of the hearing and Image and Fingerprint Capturing.
  7. In case of extension application, the biometric data previously captured during the visa conversion shall be used in the printing of the renewed ACR I-Card. However, applicants aged ten (10) years and below shall have their image and fingerprint captured every extension of visa. Applicants aged eleven (11) years and above shall have their image and fingerprint captured every after five (5) years.
  8. Proceed to Image and Fingerprint Capturing Counter of the Alien Registration Division (ARD) and submit requirements for ACR I-Card application
  9. If approved, claim the SSP and ACR I-Card.

Fill up the required forms. You may also download them at the Bureau of Immigration’s official website:

  1. Prepare all the required documents.
  2. Present documents to your preferred school or Philippine tour operator to check if all documents are in order.
  3. Submit application with supporting documents to the Bureau of Immigration or thru the school or tour operator. SSPs are issued within one (1) week upon application.